Judi’s House Provides Comprehensive Grief Care™
Judi’s House has carefully developed, evaluated and refined the Comprehensive Grief Care™ model. It is an effective, grief-focused and trauma-informed approach to care that integrates knowledge drawn from a collaboration of community, practice and research partners.
This collective knowledge, and the reciprocal feedback loops among the partners, positively impacts grieving children and families through:
- Careful assessment and interventions tailored to individualized needs
- Research and evaluation to continuously improve effectiveness of services
- Innovative resources, training and education for those providing support
Evaluation and Research
Since 2006, we have partnered with researchers from the University of Colorado Boulder to evaluate the impact of childhood bereavement and the effectiveness of grief services provided at Judi’s House.
- Over 2,000 individuals from more than 1,000 families have participated in the Judi’s House Research Initiative to date, making this the largest dataset of its kind.
- With the creation of JAG Institute and the development of a larger internal Evaluation and Research team, we will now be able to expand this initiative to have an even greater impact.
This successful integration of research and practice in a community-based setting sets Judi’s House apart—both locally and nationally. By bridging the gap between academic research and real world practice, Judi’s House has garnered knowledge that has not only informed the development of our model of care, but is informing professionals throughout the country.