Training and Education
Judi’s House is also committed to raising awareness and educating professionals, and the community at large, about the needs of grieving children and families. We regularly conduct trainings and educational workshops at schools, universities, agencies and conferences. Last year, we provided training and education to over 2,400 individuals—both locally and around the country. These training opportunities serve to strengthen the workforce that will encounter grieving children and families in the community, ensuring they are grief- and trauma-informed in their care.
Judi’s House is also proud to be an approved internship and practicum site for many local universities’ clinical training programs. Each year, we provide intensive training to approximately twelve mental health trainees who are working on their advanced degrees. Our trainees provide more than 12,000 hours of service to support grieving children and families in our community annually.
Through the training experience, students will develop skills in:
- Co-facilitating groups
- Conducting clinical intake assessments
- Providing individual, family and play therapy
- Completing risk assessments
- Crisis management
- Working on an integrated clinical- and research-based team
Our Fall Intern Application in now open. We are looking for candidates who are willing to:
- Commit to four quarters (1 year)
- Participate in our Intern Training Weekend: August 11th and 12th, 2017
- Available Thursdays from 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Available at least two evenings a week, Monday - Thursday
If you feel that Judi's House is a good fit with your professional training goals, we welcome you to apply. Please click here to access step one of the application process. Following the review of all applications, selected candidates will be invited to interview.
Timeline for Fall 2017 Intern Application Procedures:
- Applications are available starting Wednesday, February 1, 2017. All applications must be submitted by midnight on Sunday, February 26, 2017
- All applicants will be contacted regarding interview status by Monday, March 6, 2017
- Interviews will occur the week of March 6
- All candidates will be notified of their status by March 31, 2017