Introduction to School/Community-Based Groups
Requirements of the school/community based organization and Judi’s House are outlined in the sample Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). An official MOU will be signed by the school/community organization and Judi’s House administrators prior to services.
What does Judi’s House require of my School or Community-Based Site?
- An identified, consistent mental health professional on-site, and available during/following each group session (school/site staff are not required to participate in grief groups)
- A consistent meeting time that allows for 10 consecutive group sessions (excluding school breaks) no less than 50 minutes long
- A space that is private, appropriate, and uninterrupted for at least one hour at group time
- This school/community-based site MUST identify and recruit a minimum of SIX middle school age youth who are:
- Actively grieving a death loss
- New Judi’s House group participants
- Able to demonstrate support for others and contribute to a safe group environment
- To be considered for services, each youth then needs to have a complete application and disclosure statement completed by the youth’s adult caregiver(s) with medical decision making authority.
- A minimum of SIX complete applications must be received in order to initiate group services.
- Groups begin on a rolling basis.
- Grief groups are offered at sites located within a 20 mile radius of Judi’s House.
- Groups are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Schools and Community Based Sites will be considered once all materials are complete.
Please complete the School and Community Groups Interest Form to learn about Judi's House providing group at your school/community based site. Once this form is complete, a member of the Judi's House Community-Based Care Team will contact you.
Have other questions or concerns? Send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.