Introduction to School/Community-Based Groups
Requirements of the school/community based organization and Judi’s House are outlined in the sample Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). An official MOU will be signed by the school/community organization and Judi’s House administrators prior to services.
What does Judi’s House require of my School or Community-Based Site?
- An identified, consistent mental health professional on-site, and available during/following each group session (school/site staff are not required to participate in grief groups)
- A consistent meeting time that allows for 10 consecutive group sessions (excluding school breaks) no less than 50 minutes long
- A space that is private, appropriate, and uninterrupted for at least one hour at group time
- This school/community-based site MUST identify and recruit a minimum of SIX middle school age youth who are:
- Actively grieving a death loss
- New Judi’s House group participants
- Able to demonstrate support for others and contribute to a safe group environment
- To be considered for services, each youth then needs to have a complete application and disclosure statement completed by the youth’s adult caregiver(s) with medical decision making authority.
- A minimum of SIX complete applications must be received in order to initiate group services.
- Groups begin on a rolling basis.
- Grief groups are offered at sites located within a 20 mile radius of Judi’s House.
- Groups are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Schools and community-based sites will be considered once all materials are complete.
Please complete the School and Community-Based Groups Interest Form to learn about Judi's House providing group at your school/community based site. Once this form is complete, a member of the Judi's House Community-Based Care Team will contact you.
Have other questions or concerns? Send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.