Training and Education
Judi’s House is also proud to be an approved internship and practicum site for many local universities’ clinical training programs. Each year, we provide intensive training to approximately twelve mental health trainees who are working on their advanced degrees. Our trainees provide more than 12,000 hours of service to support grieving children and families in our community annually.
Through the training experience, students will develop skills in:
- Co-facilitating groups
- Conducting clinical intake assessments
- Providing individual, family and play therapy
- Completing risk assessments
- Crisis management
- Working on an integrated clinical- and research-based team
Judi's House offers one start date for selected interns. Note: selected interns will have a one calendar year commitment
- START DATE: Late August
- END DATE: End of August
- Application open on website the previous February
Our application process for Fall 2017 is CLOSED. We will be looking for interns for Fall 2018 in early February.