Training and Education
Judi’s House is also proud to be an approved internship and practicum site for many local universities’ clinical training programs. Each year, we provide intensive training to approximately twelve mental health trainees who are working on their advanced degrees. Our trainees provide more than 12,000 hours of service to support grieving children and families in our community annually.
Through the training experience, students will develop skills in:
- Co-facilitating groups
- Conducting clinical intake assessments
- Providing individual, family and play therapy
- Completing risk assessments
- Crisis management
- Working on an integrated clinical- and research-based team
Judi's House offers one start date for selected interns. Note: selected interns will have a one calendar year commitment
- START DATE: Late August
- END DATE: End of August
- Application open on website the previous February
Our application process for FALL 2018 is now open.
We are looking for candidates who are willing to:
- Commit to 4 quarters (i.e., one year):
- Participate in our Intern Training Weekend: August 10 and 11, 2018
- Available Thursdays from 10:45 am – 3:45 pm
- Available at least 2 evenings a week, Monday – Thursday
If you meet all of the requirements, please click here to review an expanded intern job description. After reviewing, if you feel Judi’s House is a good fit with your professional training goals, we welcome you to apply.
Following a review of all applications, selected candidates will be invited to interview.
Timeline of Fall 2018 Intern Application Procedures:
- Applications available starting Wednesday, February 1, 2018.
- Applications must be received by midnight on Sunday, February 25, 2018 (at which time our intern application will close).
- All applicants will be contacted regarding interview status by Monday, March 11, 2018.
- Interviews will occur the weeks of March 4th and March 11th.
- All candidates will be notified of their status by March 31, 2018.